summer

Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Christmas Stars


In the midst of all the Christmas preparations I frequently found myself needing reminders of what the season is truly for. As I downloaded pictures of Christmas from the camera with the intent of posting some pictures of our Christmas to the blog, I came across these choice shots from our ward Christmas party. Dallin was asked to be the star of the nativity, with Angel Leneah and little mother Mary Kaela watching over him. The girls were so excited for the opportunity, and Dallin did a wonderful job looking adorable in his swaddling clothed carseat manger. I was worried he wouldn't be the peaceful baby we sing about in Christmas carols, but he was impressed with the stage lights, and I'm sure the spirit of the moment and just laid in his manger kicking his cute legs and sucking on his fingers. I love Christmas. I love the lights, the tree, the goodies, the gifts, the songs, the parties. . .but mostly I love the feeling of peace I have as I think of a tiny newborn baby being cuddled by his young new mother, who must have felt so overwhelmed with the knowledge of who her little son was and what he would do for us.











3 comments:

Amelia said...

that is so sweet. I agree, i though A LOT this year about how Mary must have felt. "But Mary kept it in her heart and pondered on these things...something like that. Wow.

denos5 said...

They are all so sweet!

Ruth Ann said...

What a darling/sweet family you have. Those pics are precious. Hope all is well with all of you.